Monday, April 4, 2011

April & Tom - Engagement

Tom and April, April and Tom.  Could these two look any cuter together?  Both tall, thin, dark curly hair... and both as nice as can be.  I met Tom shortly after my move to KC.  He was the first to greet me on the ultimate Frisbee field.  I was a newbie, and a little (lot) scared, and his kindness meant the world to me.  When it comes to being warm and welcoming, Tom is absolutely king.  April and my meeting was a bit more unusual... I had an extra Sugarland ticket, and she, as Tom excitedly exclaimed, really wanted to go.  She just needed someone to go with...  So I called her up and we had a blind friend date and enjoyed the best performance I've seen at the Sprint Center.  Love me some Sugarland...

It was so fitting to hear these two were finally dating.  It just made sense.  And, as these things go, their dating soon turned into a proposal and which is quickly turning into a fall wedding.  This session was so wonderful - it was the first time back in nature since the icecapades this winter brought, and the sun, the light, the colors, the couple... ah.  Just wonderful.

And adding to the joy - April and Tom won their engagement session during a silent auction fundraiser held for City on a Hill.  If you haven't heard of it, check it out.  It's a ministry serving young adults in the KC Metro and they host a ton of great events throughout the year.  An easy way to meet others, grow in faith, and participate in the community.

City on a Hill is how April and Tom met, so you never know...