Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lynnea & Blaine - Engagement

There were so many reasons I couldn't wait for this engagement session.  First, because I'd finally meet Lynnea.  Who Blaine is crazy about.  And, knowing Blaine for the past few years, I was a little protective of who would become his future Mrs.  She couldn't be just anyone.  She had to be awesome.  And funny.  And beautiful.  And really funny.  And really, really awesome.

Secondly, it was my first outdoor session post dreary winter.  Hello sunshine and color and smiling faces.  Hallelujah!

And lastly, because I'm so happy for Blaine.  We met through work at my previous job at a small, practically unknown burrito joint known as a Chipotle.  We were both new to the market.  Me in HR, him in IT.  We had to stick together.  It's a crazy world out there.  He always impressed me with his sincerity, his ability to get a laugh, and just his general kindness to others.  Plus, he could fix my computer which frequently seemed to have issues...

"Blaine - my computer is freaking out.  I can't get it to do anything and the internet won't work"
"Rachelle, have you tried restarting it?"
"Uhhh... well... (sigh).  No."
"Why don't you do that first and call me back."

Everytime.

And nine times out of ten that's all it needed. Blasted.

So, Blaine deserved a great woman in his life.  Someone to match his character and charisma.  Someone to laugh at his jokes.  Within two seconds of meeting Lynnea it was easy to see Blaine's draw to her.  She is so full of joy and laughter!  And that gorgeous red hair - how incredible!  She and Blaine were comfortable and confident together.  And just plain happy. I have never laughed as hard during a session as I did with them.

Lynnea, you definitely passed the awesome test.  I am so happy for you both and can't wait to see you again in May!
















2 comments:

Carol Stines said...

Rachelle, you have captured the true Blaine and Lynnea. They look so natural and happy together. We are also so happy for them as we are his aunt and uncle who adore him. Great job and can't wait for the wedding

Rae said...

Hi Carol - thank you for your kind post! Blaine and Lynnea really are so sweet together. I can't wait for the wedding either, and it will be great to meet you!