Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Emily & Tim - Wedding

The song had played many times over the radio waves.  It's beautiful. Peaceful.  Perhaps even a bit playful. And Jason Mraz performs it wonderfully.

So when Emily's brother and sister sang it for their first dance, accompanied solely by his guitar... um, whoa.   Tim and Emily were absolutely radiant.  It was evident the words of the song spoke deeply of their journey.

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will...

Emily and Tim's dedication to making their wedding day welcoming and personal to friends and family made for a very special day for everyone.  There were so many joyful greetings, tears, and hugs.  The church was rumbling with excited chatter and stories being exchanged.  The ceremony's opening song - Brother, Let Me be Your Servant - was heavenly.  Truly.  It can be a challenge to focus a camera with tears rolling down your face.  Another reason I enjoy this job so much.



That and the fact that sometime brides and grooms ride their bikes to their receptions...


You are both so warm, kind, and thoughtful - congrats, Emily and Tim.  Here's to many more lucky moments for the two of you.






















1 comment:

Alzbeta said...

You certainly brought their joy across :). I had that song playing in my head as I looked at the pictures - quite perfect!